Sanjiva,

/me scratches his head and wonders How come glen understands what he
says - "exactly what dims describes here" and sanjiva doesn't :)

Let me try again...The DB framework will build the java objects
directly from the MIME root part (this is the first step always!) and
*then* accesses the other mime parts and sticks them where it is
needed (or adds a reference) on the java objects that it already
created. Except that OM tree is *never* built. And on the sending
side, it generates stax events directly from the the java objects into
the MIME root part and adds the attachments into a bag while it is
doing so...again no OM tree in the picture at all.

-- dims