Dims,

You got only half of the point I raised :).

Some one committing and the build failing is better than some one
committing whilst the existing code is breaking.

I know lot of people commit, with local paths hard coded, testing ports
changed, and build was successful in his/her machine.

What I mentioned was, before doing any changes, please check the current
code whether it is building successfully or not. If success, then do
your changes, check the build again and commit. People committing
changes, even when the existing code breaks is my concern :).

-- EC