+1 yep :)

That way we can keep most  of old options intact

Srinath

On 10/9/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 07:54 -0400, Srinath Perera wrote:
> Hi AJith,All;
> As far as I understand
>
> 1) no options client side only
> 2) -s server side
> 3) -sd -ss  service side discriptions, this only work with -ss
> 4) -g all, but no service.xml .. So I put -g -sd ..still none becouse
> -sd only works with -ss .. so -g -ss and -sd

Ouch.

> Sorry but I feel this is far too complex. shall we change the options
> for 1.1? for example (Or do we need to me backward compatible with the
> tool options?)
>
> -GClient or nothing for Client
> -GServer for server with service.xml
> -GAll for everything
> -GTest all with test case

How about:

- -c or nothing for client
- -s for service side with services.xml
- -g for both client and server (both the above basically)
- -g -t for all and test case

That is, introduce a -t argument for test case generation. By test case
we mean what exactly .. a stub?? In that case its only meaningful for a
server side case anyway.

> Do we have use case for generating server side code without a service.xml
file ?
> Do we have use case for generating service.xml without server side
> code? (we could at least assume -ss given -sd)

+1.

So basically same as your proposal except use option names that are
closer to what we have now.

Sanjiva.