Hi Jochen and all,

SNAPSHOT is a SNAPSHOT and it has no version in it, IMO. What do you
gain by putting a number with a SNAPSHOT. Snapshots are mostly unstable
versions of a project and we don't wanna know after which version it was
created.

Let me ask this  question also, who will use a SNAPSHOT of a project,
say a snapshot of Axis2? I think projects like Sandesha will use it.
They will depend on trunk and not on any of the branches. Maintaining
branch versions is an internal version, IMO.

So I always prefer to have snapshot without a version number in it.

So +1 for just snapshot.

My 2 cents.

-- Chinthaka