Hi David,

I also agree with you about the speed maven2 provides compared to
maven1. That was very much obvious for me when I was using maven2 to
build Axiom.

BUT, this effort should be done and maintained by some one and he/she
should be able to handle issues as fast as possible. Well that statement
might seen unfair in the open source world, but please understand that
all the devs have a very hard dependency on the build system. If there
is a problem, then if they can't fix it, then they can not do *anything*
after that.

Even you have mentioned, you don't have much of time for this effort.
Jochen was doing a very good job, but I didn't see it is finished yet.
Please do remember that we have lot of custom scripts inside Axis2 and,
*each and everyone* of them are important.

So if some one is converting Axis2 to maven2 and is trying to remove
maven1 scripts, then
 - all the modules must be converted to maven2
 - all the scripts, including release and day-to-day used
compile-and-test goals must be converted.
 - there should be documentation on the new goals available as AFAIK,
most of the devs are still very new to maven2

Until then I prefer maven1. It is better to keep a known devil than an
unknown angel :).

Please please do not take this as an opposing idea to convert to maven2.
I also prefer very much for that. But I can not forget the unpleasant
experiences I had, when I was releasing Axiom, some time ago (But Thanks
Jochen for later fixing those problems).

+1 for moving security modules out of Axis2. But please make sure, there
is enough integration tests written inside Axis2, to compensate for
security integration tests.

-- Chinthaka