Prefixes are significant when the XML message or a portion thereof is
being signed.

Anup -- you have to make sure you process the signature before Axis
begins to process it. Are you using WSS4J to process the signature?

If the application needs to maintain the contents of the original SOAP
message in its pure form, then you must use the Messaging API and
process the raw XML.

Anne