Sorry to drop in late on this one..

What would be ideal is just a separation of the Axis2 transports code into a separate module within Axis2 - i.e. outside of the Kernel.

thanks
asankha

Ruwan Linton wrote:
Hi Chinthaka,

It does have API level problems and that is why we are running in to issues in the cases where the transport impl is picked from the axis2-kernel's classes. For example;

The method org.apache.http.RequestLine.getHttpVersion () in http-core-alpha5 has been changed to org.apache.http.RequestLine.getProtocolVersion() in the http-core-alpha6-SNAPSHOT

and because we have the http-core-alpha6-SNAPSHOT jar in synapse, if the axis2 class is loaded rather than the synapse transport class, then we run in to runtime exception saying the method getHttpVersion is not found.

We can not remove the axis2-kernel dependency (obvious) at the same time we need to go with the http-core-alpha6 with its perf improvements.

Thanks,
Ruwan