+1 for moving it out of the kernel module. Transports are a plug point of Axis2 and there's no need to consider any given transport as "core" to the kernel.

Sanjiva.

Ruwan Linton wrote:
Hi axis-devs,

We are getting ready for the Synapse 1.1 release and we faced to a problem with the transports. Synapse is going to ship with the http-core transport version 4.0-alpha6 and we have changed synapse transport module with the improvements for that version ( 4.0-alpha6-SNAPSHOT) which is not compatible with the current http-core version of axis2. But, because of the fact that axis2-kernel carries the same classes inside the kernel jar some times we are running in to class loading issues.

Can we get axis2 transports out of the axis2 kernel module and get a 1.3.0.1 <http://1.3.0.1> (or any point) release of axis2, so that we can depend on the axis2-kernel without transports. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton