Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the quick response.

The WebSphere interoperobility tests will be targeted to run against
out-of-the-box Axis2. Furthermore, the developer will have the flexibility
to change the endpoints to a WebSphere server of their own choice. No
downloads, or WebSphere prereqs/software will be required. Do you have a
preference where these tests should reside, or do we have the flexibility
to create our own module? Thanks

Regards,
Andrew Das
Web Services Interoperability
(919)-543-1573 (T/L 441)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Jeremy Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
10/22/2007 11:58 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] Axis2 and WebSphere Interoperability

Hi, this sounds good - please see comments inline.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/samples/

> On 19/10/2007, Andrew Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > We are looking to identify a strategy to inject basic samples into the
> > Apache Axis2 build tree. The purpose of the samples will be to test
> > interoperability with the WebSphere WS Feature Pack services.
Additionally,

If these are additional tests that could be used by any Axis2
developer / user to run interop tests against a server of their own
choice, then I'm in favour. If running the tests requires a WebSphere
license or even a free download from IBM, then I'm not in favour. In
fact I'd only be +1 if these tests are able to test interoperability
of Axis2 with Axis2 out-of-the-box, so that the entire Axis2
development / user community can run them.

> > we are also interested in testing Quality of services using the same
samples
> > integrated in the Axis2 source. Could you please advise on what's the
best
> > way to accomplish this? Thanks.

Likewise for the QoS samples. For QoS interop tests, I think there
should be some discussion on the QoS project's list - in case some of
them aren't subscribed to axis-dev. e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
for WS-RM / Sandesha.

Cheers,
Jeremy