Hi Robert,

Yes it is not broken. But why do we wanna limp with it? If we had used a
separate, say String class without using java.lang.String, do you wanna
keep it, if java.lang.String serves the purpose.
Look at how pain it is to deal with numerous jars within Axis2. I'd like
to cut down whatever possible whenever possible.

Also I totally agree with Tom's comments. We can come up with usecases
which commons-logging becomes handy. But how many users will use it or
come across that use case vs how many users find it difficult to set up
Axis2 to run within their box? I agree removing just two or three jars
won't solve the problem, but at least that will be a start.

Thanks,
Chinthaka