Keith,

Are you talking about a JAX-WS specific deployer, or the POJO deployer?
I'm not aware of a JAX-WS specific one, but certainly agree that one is
needed.

My guess as to what's happening...

Right now, we have POJO deployment, but we don't have good JAX-WS
integration into the deployment infrastructure.  You're bean is being
picked up as a POJO and deployed as such which is where the "echoMethod"
entry is coming from.

Then, when your request hits the JAXWSMessageReceiver the first time, the
JAX-WS layer goes through its own metadata initialization.  This includes
building up not only a EndpointDescription/OperationDescription, but a set
of AxisService/AxisOperation objects to match.  These are being mapped to
"echomethodString" which is where the other entry comes from.

When you say "It takes echoMethod and echomethodString as two different
methods.", what exactly do you mean there?  They are reflected as two
operations in the WSDL?

To the point of the WSDL 1.1 generation, that leads me to believe this
isn't being deployed as a JAX-WS endpoint at all.  We've known for a while
that since we don't have formal tooling for JAX-WS that there is no
generation.  I'm guessing that you're endpoint is being deployed as a
normal POJO endpoint using the base Axis2 runtime instead of JAX-WS.

Regards,

-Nick

             "keith chapman"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             11/20/2007 01:49                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: JAX-WS: problems with annotated
             Please respond to         methods
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   e.org

Hi,

This is due to a bug in the jaxws deployer and MessageReceiver. This can be
solved as follows,

During deployment name the axisOperation according to the annotation
("echomethodString") in this case and put a parameter into the
axisOperation stating the actual method name, therefore  in the
messageReceiver we know which method to call. Can somebody familiar with
JaxWS code do this fix please.

Thanks,
Keith.