Hi Ruwan,

This is certainly a good feature if you can add. But I can remember XFire was doing something similar to this. This is how it worked, IIRC.

If this bar operation adheres to IRI style (please check IRI style in WSDL 2.0 spec), then doing a GET operation on this service should invoke bar operation in a RESTful manner (oops, POX over HTTP).

So if you implement GET request to return the service description, then there might be conflict. If you just invoke the operation with http://<host>:<port>/axis2/services/Foo, then axis2 will send the famous operation not found error. I know the above feature is not implemented. , but that is something cool I saw in XFire.

This is just a suggestion and noway this should be considered as an objection to your initial proposal. A small disclaimer ;)

Thanks,
Chinthaka

Ruwan Linton wrote:
Hi axis2 folks,

We (synapse-dev) is in the process of doing some refactoring on the GET request processors. For the moment we do provide a service information html page on doing a GET request on the service path and discussing to add a ?info filter for that and keep the original service path for any other thing (may be we can provide a configuration point so that user can configure that path to provide the wsdl of the service instead)

What is the behavior of the axis2 in this service path navigation through a browser (or else doing a GET request over the service path) and what do you guys think about this improvement?

Thanks,
Ruwan