From: Glen Daniels [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 1:49 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] Soap Encoding support with ADB

Hey Amila:

>     won't need them.  But for SOAP 1.1, the situation is different.
The
>     encoding spec says you MUST encode all complex object types as
top-level
>     members of the serialization.  Therefore ALL conforming SOAP 1.1
>     encoding implementations will be putting out stuff that looks like
this:

>     <soap:body>
>       <operation>
>         <arg1 href="#obj1"/>
>       </operation>
>       <multiref id="obj1">
>         <name>the real argument</name>
>         <color>blue</color>
>       </multiref>
>     </soap:body>
>
> is this means it is allowed to have more than one xml element in the
> soap:body ?

Yes.  But - I was incorrect about the MUST above!  My hands were typing
a little ahead of my brain there. :)  Multirefs are not in fact
*required* by SOAP 1.1 section 5, but some implementations (Axis 1.X
included) will by default serialize all complex objects as multirefs
since it speeds writing (if you don't do it that way you have to walk
the entire data graph to see what objects are referred to multiple times

before serializing).

> I have to think about bit. We can resolve the problem with parsing as
> have mentioned earlier but can not think about a way to serialize with

> multirefs.

Again, my bad - we're not forced to do so, so it's ok for us not to, as
long as we accept that we're not going to be able to do real graphs.  If

no one wants this particular functionality, I'm fine with punting on it.

Your idea about parsing the XML to remove the hrefs and generate a
larger "virtual" expanded document on the reading side should work fine,

although it will potentially cause repeated data if a multiref is used
many times.  Probably not a big deal.  I'll respond to the rest of your
other note in another message.

Thanks,
--Glen