On Jan 4, 2008 1:45 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2008 7:59 PM, Anne Thomas Manes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Amila,
> >
> > SOAP encoding is much more likely to be used in a code-first scenario,
> > but you must make sure that it also works in a WSDL-first scenario.
> >
> > Regarding one of your questions, you would never see an element
> > defined as follows:
> >
> > <s:element name="TestSoapElement2">
> > >         <s:complexType>
> > >             <s:sequence>
> > >                 <s:element name="param1" type="s:string"/>
> > >                 <s:element name="param2" type="soapenc:Array"/>
> > >             </s:sequence>
> > >         </s:complexType>
> > >     </s:element>
> >

> In the soap encoding schema Array is defined as a complex type. Then why
> it is wrong to use it as a type?
>
> Anyway in the article you given it has mentioned like this.
>
> The WSDL specification requires that arrays be based on the SOAP 1.1encoding
> schema. It also requires that arrays use the name
> ArrayOfXXX, where XXX is the type of item in the array.
>
> Does WSDL specification say something like this? For me it is an
> customized type they have come up with
> to solve the problem we have. They have define some convention to
> determine the array type. But I think
> we need to come up with some generalized approach to support any schema.
> Like I have given above.

I check with the Axis  1.x generated wsdls and  microsofts' interop sites
wsdls.
for axis 1.x
<complexType name="ArrayOf_xsd_string">
    <complexContent>
    <restriction base="soapenc:Array">
          <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[]"/>
     </restriction>
    </complexContent>
</complexType>

and for interop site
<xs:complexType name="ArrayOfInt">
    <xs:complexContent mixed="false">
    <xs:restriction base="q1:Array">
   <xs:attribute a:arrayType="xs:int[]" ref="q1:arrayType"/>
  </xs:restriction>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

so it is a general convention every one uses. Therefore I think adding
support for this generic convention solves our problem. And we can keep what
existing thing to support soap encoding in a generic way.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Amila.