Hi Dims, Nick

It would be good to get the code that is currently in the jaxws21 branch
moved over to the trunk asap. There is also an existing JIRA to cover the
JAX-WS 2.1 development in general,
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2722

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

Nicholas L Gallardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 15/01/2008 17:00:38:

> Dims,
>
> Thanks for starting the discussion. I wasn't aware of jcp-open. It's
> good to know there's an open forum for that information.
>
> Wrt. Axis2 1.4, my vote is that we certify based on JAX-WS 2.1
> rather than 2.0. Brian has done a large amount of work in the
> jaxws21 branch. We can merge that over and then get moving on
> running the TCK and seeing where we are.
>
> -Nick
>
> [image removed] "Davanum Srinivas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> "Davanum Srinivas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 01/15/2008 10:19 AM
>
> Please respond to
> axis-dev@ws.apache.org
>
> [image removed]
>
> [image removed]
> "axis-dev@ws.apache.org" <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
>
> [image removed]
> cc
>
> [image removed]
>
> [image removed]
> Subject
>
> [image removed]
> Re: [Axis2] JAXWS version in Axis2 1.4
>
> [image removed]
>
> [image removed]
>

> Some discussion on jcp-open as well.
>
> [4] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jcp%2dopen
>
> -- dims
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 11:17 AM, Davanum Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Glen, Sandakith, Jeff, Nick, Rich,
> >
> > - I believe the jaxws-tck svn and the associated mailing list is
ready.
> > - cxf folks i am told are running JAXWS 2.1 TCK
> > - Sun posted JDK 1.6 update 4 with JAXWS 2.1 inside.
> >
> > So, what should we do for Axis2 1.4?  I just saw Nick's jira float by
> > [1] and wanted to kick start the discussion. Please see Steve's
> > analysis [2] and the JAXWS change log [3]
> >
> > thanks,
> > dims
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3448
> > [2] http://1060.org/blogxter/publish/5
> > [3] http://jcp.

org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr224/JAXWS_2.1_ChangeLog.pdf