Hi All,

 I am re-posting this message, hoping to get some
urgent help.

 I am using AXIS 1.4 for my web service needs. I am
 now
 encounting the following error when I try to send an
 XML over HTTP:

 I have a valid XML message as a string, the XML
 message defines a namespace at the root element like
 this:

   xmlns:ns1="somthing"

 Let me assume this xml string as xmltext, now I
 create
 a soap envelope with this XML message as body, the
soapEnvelope object seems good to me in my debugger,
but a problem occurs when I try to deserialize it
using soapEnvelope.toString() or
soapEnvelope.getAsString().
 I notice that for every local element in the
 original
 xml such as this:

    <ns1:rec>xxx</ns1:rec>,

 in the output string, I get the the following:

    <ns1:rec xmlns:ns1="">xxx</ns1:rec>

 That is, there is an extra attribute with empty
 value.
 This causes problems for the receivers of the http
 response.

 Here are my code snappet:
     SOAPEnvelope soapEnvelope = new SOAPEnvelope();
     Element bodyElement =
 createDocument(xmltext).getDocumentElement();
     org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement
 messageElement = new
 org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement(bodyElement);

soapEnvelope.addBodyElement((SOAPBodyElement)messageElement);

 The createDocument(xmlText) calls the following
 APIs:

    InputSource source = new InputSource( new
 StringReader( xmlText ) ) ;
    DocumentBuilderFactory factory =
 DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

 factory.setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(false);
    DocumentBuilder docBuilder =
 factory.newDocumentBuilder();
    return docBuilder.parse(source);

 It seems to me that AXIS has a bug handling this
 case.
 Any help is very much appreciated!

 Thanks!
 Frank