Dims,

I agree there is no -1, but at the same time we couldn't get those fixes
into axis2 SMTP transport on our release time frame of synapse and we went
ahead with our own one.

BTW: If we are to move these transports out from synapse, it has to be in to
a separate commons project (not on to axis2), so that we have the control
over them to do the required changes.

Thanks,
Ruwan