> The fact that Axis2 does this wacky thing actually made it HARDER for

Just to chime in here - I agree with Dan that Axis2 *is* doing something
wacky here by tacking on the port name to the endpoint.

As far as the "we should throw an error if a SOAP 1.1 endpoint gets SOAP
1.2" argument is concerned I don't buy in to that.  "Be strict in what
you emit and liberal in what you accept" seems to apply here.  If a
single endpoint URL can accept both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2, that is a
feature!

+1 to eliminating the wackiness in the address.

--
Tom Jordahl