Deepal

I think you completely missed the point.

Changes to the Java VM require users to migrate. That can be
difficult. Many users are still on JDK 1.4 for core systems because
they are on App Servers certified on that model. OSGi has been
designed to work *with* any JVM and therefore avoid requiring an
upgrade.

Paul

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Deepal Jayasinghe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Ruwan Linton wrote:
>>>
>>> Also just wanted to make sure, what is the advantage of being OSGi with
>>> Java 7 which promises to provide versionning via JAM (Java Application
>>> Modules)
>>
>> How long would it be before "everyone" adopts 1.7?
>
> I think same answer can be applied for the OSGi as well  ;-)
>
> -Deepal

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair