Hi Keith and all,

This argument is based on the following assumption ( You know about
assumptions, if you've watched "Under Siege 2" ;) )

Axis2 REST implementation is based on WSDL 2.0 HTTP Binding. At least this
was the case, when I was implementing and sorry if the implementation is now
changed.

In the spec, it says, if we have our own custom content-type, then it should
be compatible with application/xml (
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-adjuncts/#_http_ser_xml). Do you think
application/json is compatible with application/xml?

I don't think so because in the spec once again it says the following here :
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-adjuncts/#_http_operation_xml_encoding
"The instance data <http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-adjuncts/#instance_data> of
the input, output or fault message is serialized as an *XML document* in the
message body of the HTTP message" Since JSON serialization is not XML,
rather name/value pair, application/xml is not compatible with
application/json.

So considering JSON messages as REST messages seems to be fundamentally
wrong.

But since we think (at least I think) JSON is something we should support,
we should think about supporting content-types which are not compatible with
SOAP or REST.

Thanks,
Chinthaka

--
With Mettha,
Eran Chinthaka

Health is the greatest gift; contentment is the greatest wealth; trusting is
the best relationship; nirvana is the highest joy. - Dhammapada