hi,

I tested the distribution (after adding http transport) with some samples
and it passes all the test cases. Earlier I had some test with the Sandesha2
security and rampart and worked fine.
So I think we can put an RC and release it there are no any critical issues.

thanks,
Amila.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The local module and http module (source only) is now moved to Axis2.
>> Please give it a try and see if things look ok. If so, we'll merge it
>> to 1.5 branch.
>

> I ran some sample tests with a sanpshot release and it worked fine.
> (tested with both simple http server and war under tomcat)
> So we can move it to branch and remove the transport dependency.
>

>> I kept the http module in the Transport project but I had to change
>> the artifact name to prevent a conflict with the Axis2 http transport
>> module. Btw, I think that the Transport project should have its own
>> group id (e.g org.apache.axis2.transport instead of org.apache.axis2).
>

> but anyway we are going to remove the http and local transports from the
> commons transport module isn't it?
>
> IMHO also transport module should have a different group id and a package
> structure.
>
> thanks,
> Amila.
>

>> The Transport http module only has the tests now. If we could refactor
>> the tests somehow that would be great but I guess it's not critical
>> for 1.5.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jarek
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi folks:
>> >
>> > First, many thanks to Jarek for getting the transport move going - I got
>> > sucked into other stuff today and probably won't be able to dive back in
>> for
>> > real until Sunday.  Just talked to Jarek on IRC and he's hoping to
>> finish the
>> > move tonight or tomorrow.
>> >
>> > That said.... I'm not very happy about the idea of leaving important
>> tests in
>> > the WS-Commons area if the code they're testing is actually in Axis2.
>>  This
>> > smells of bad refactoring and future confusion.
>> >
>> > I want to get Axis2 1.5 out ASAP, and am willing to do whatever gets us
>> there
>> > quickest, but after that I'd like to have another discussion about how
>> > correctly host and factor the transports code.  This should dovetail
>> nicely
>> > with another round of the "Splitting WS" conversation, which I'd like to
>> have
>> > at the same time.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > --Glen