From: "James Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: import schema to wsdl

Jeff,
     thanks for lokking at my code. Sorry if you feel I'm wasting your time
as I
appreciate your help.
     I've implemented your recommended changes and changed <xsd:import
namespace = "http://ie.tcd/taylorjw/flightbooking";
location="BookFlights.xsd"/>
...to...
<xsd:import namespace = "http://ie.tcd/taylorjw/flightbooking";
schemaLocation="BookFlights.xsd"/>

wsdl2java now seems to be seeing BookFlights.xsd and is complaining about
     [echo] Using wsdl in WSDL2Java task...
     [java] java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8
seque
nce.
so it looks like there something astray in the xsd file thats not UTF-8.

Regards,
        James.

Quoting Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Developing software is a precise science. You have to be very careful
about
> everything you do but even so you will almost always get it wrong because
> that's what humans do. So, we have to check and double check then work
hard
> to determine the dopey things we are still doing.
>
> In this case, you could start by realizing that in the WSDL file you claim
> that BookFlights.xsd targets http://ie/tcd/taylorjw/bookflights/types but
in
> BookFlights.xsd you actually target http://ie.tcd/taylorje/flightbooking
>
> Do yourself a favour and use just one namespace throughout such as:
>     http://ie.tcd/taylorje/flightbooking
>

> Jeff

bookFlightsRequest
> > with
> > bf: in
> >
> > <message name="bookFlightsResp">
> >      <part name="parameters" element="types:bookFlightsResponse" />
> > </message>
> >
> > Regards,
> >         James.
> >
> > Quoting Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > bookFlightsRequest is not "declared at the start of the wsdl" (at
least
> > not
> > > in that which you have provided).
> > >
> > > WSDL2Java operates on WSDL files. You really need to learn how these
> files
> > > work, i.e. how they reference external XML Schema documents.
> > >
> > > location="BookFlights.xsd"  => BookFlights.xsd is in the same location
> as
> > > the WSDL file.
> > >
> > > Looks like you would benefit from reading a few standards. See
> > http://w3.org
> > >

> > > Jeff

Thats

targetNamespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/bookflights/wsdl";