Hi

The production people at my company say that an
application can not write into its WEB-INF directory
for security reasons (they can not have the Axis
administration servlet running), therefore I need to
prepackage the server-config.wsdd file in my ear.

The context attribute "javax.servlet.context.tempdir"
required by the servlet specification resolves to
"temp" on WebSphere (outside the ear), however in
Tomcat it points to "work" by default which seems to
be in the war.

So my question is which is the best practice, to
bundle the wsdd file in the ear beforehand or have
Axis generate it afterwords during web services
deployment.

I get UnassignableClassExceptions when I bundle the
descriptor in the ear.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Janos