Thanks for the tip.

The registerTypeMapping call is already made in the stub, as part of
createCall():

            synchronized (this) {
                if (firstCall()) {
                    // must set encoding style before registering
serializers
                    _call.setEncodingStyle(null);
                    for (int i = 0; i < cachedSerFactories.size(); ++i)
{
                        java.lang.Class cls = (java.lang.Class)
cachedSerClasses.get(i);
                        javax.xml.namespace.QName qName =
                                (javax.xml.namespace.QName)
cachedSerQNames.get(i);
                        java.lang.Class sf = (java.lang.Class)
                                 cachedSerFactories.get(i);
                        java.lang.Class df = (java.lang.Class)
                                 cachedDeserFactories.get(i);
                        _call.registerTypeMapping(cls, qName, sf, df,
false);
            return _call;

Should I add your code segments to my client implementation despite
this?

Thanks

Pat