John,

I'm just learning Axis for client-side, also, but I'm using JMS transport
instead of HTTP so I'm not sure how similar our setups are.  However, if
you look at the user-guide.html that is in the /docs folder of the Axis
1.2.1 download, it gives an example of configuring the Call object--I
believe the "Configuring Client Handlers" page you mention is referring to
these settings.  (See the section titled "Consuming Web Services with
Axis".)

To summarize, you will want to set in your Call object:
targetEndpointAddress, operationName, returnType, and any call parameters.

I hope this helps you--good luck!

Meghan

_________________________________
Meghan Pietila
Java Middleware Architect
Sales & Service Management Program
US Bank
Gold 4
(651) 205-0904
(651) 271-2815 cell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "John M.

                      Gabriele"                To:
axis-user@ws.apache.org
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      hoo.com>                 Subject:  RE: an Axis faq, and a
few questions about a simple ws

                      08/04/2005 09:58

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Ok, [rolls up sleeves] perhaps I'll get more help with this
if I edit the official wiki rather than my own wiki. :) I
edited the following pages:

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisGeneral
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/WritingYourClient
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/InstallWebServices

Also a small '''XXX''' added to
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/UsingCommandLineTools

Can someone please help me fill-in that WritingYourClient one
better? Specifically, I'm looking for that information asked
about in my original post (also quoted below). I think it would
really make it easier for newcomers to Axis to get started.

Thanks,
---J

> > Finally, the official Axis doc on clients:
> > http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/client-side-axis.html
> > mentions that you can configure your Call object (saying
> > that the org.apache.axis.client.Call class implements
> > the javax.xml.rpc.Call interface). I see that my
> > BingSoapBindingStub.java file has a createCall() method.
> > Am I supposed to be using that for my simple web app?
> >
> > Any help is most appreciated. :)
> >
> > ---John

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.