Hi Davanum,

I still feel we have a miscommunication. After being a hard-core developer
for 25 years, I actually don't need that much community support - I
identified my problems and began working the solutions, and the community
did indeed help.

My point is that a corporate java software developer (on a quarterly
software release cycle) who is given SOAP work - has to look at the api in
question and make a decision: 1. create and transmit/parse strings of xml,
or 2. try to use a tool. And the consensus at this co. is that the tools
lengthen the time it takes to complete the mission as opposed to decreasing
it. You can pick any reason for this you want. Server config problems,
software bugs, learning-curve etc. etc. But at the end of the day 'tools'
have to help.

We've used a lot of tools. We've tried all kinds of options to make this
easier. And it still (usually) takes longer than reading the wsdl and
reading/writing strings of xml.

I can see your reponse coming! - Don't complain! - Contribute - And Davanum
I swear, if I had any extra time - I would - but right now I don't.

But to those who do have the time/effort/energy/enthusiam/skills to work on
open soruce projects - Be aware, that the tool has to REALLY help the rest
of the developers or - all your effort just falls into a black hole. If you
had fore-knowledge of the future - and could see that the 'tool' (pick one)
you are working on was destined for abandonment - would you work so hard on
it?

We use a LOT of soap services - the tools are hindering more than helping.
Take that one sentence, and wherever raw power vs. ease-of-use conflict
choose in favor of ease-of-use. Then figure out how to get the power in
there anyway.

I apologize beforehand, if I've said or done anything to offend you Davanum.
It was certainly not my intent. Thanks for lisening, Kurt

Kurt Olsen | Software Engineer| EzRez Software, Inc.
3465 Waialae Avenue, Suite 200 | Honolulu | HI | 96816
p 808-735-9260 x 238  | f 808-748-0488
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.ezrez.com

This message may contain confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient) and received
this message in error; any use, distribution or disclosure is strictly
prohibited.  Please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies
of this message from your computer system.  The views and opinions expressed
in this email are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect the
views or policies of EzRez Software, except when the sender expressly and
with authority states them to be so.