I have used AXIS software.  I felt "intial learning curve was high" but
once you know the details of implementation  then I felt the AXIS is
easy to use. FAQs page was great. It had most of the answers I wanted.

When I define WSDL we took most care in defining datatypes that are
supported by .NET and AXIS.  This helped in solving interoperability
problems.

What will make AXIS more popular?

   A. More supports for questions

   B. Address Interoperability issues in FAQs

Thanks

-Venky