when did pojo's come into the picture? i was referring to the client-side api classes generated by WSDL2Java - the <types> section of the WSDL is XML Schema, which has all the rules for "required", "optional", and so forth. WSDL2Java consumes the XSD and produces Java code (in the form of the client api data classes) that enforce those rules. it sounded like you wanted to change those rules post-WSDL2Java. but now it sounds like you're not using WSDL2Java at all? i guess i'm not sure how you generated your service or your client - is the client-side hand-written (thus pojo) or generated? or are you talking straight XML to your service? sorry, it's getting late - i'm rambling...
Todd Orr wrote:

Really, how? Do I annotate the methods or something? How does the Java2WSDL generate a WSDL that reflects the constraints on my pojo?