The more I learn about Axis2, the less appealing it is. It seems to be giant leap backwards. Why is coding using OMElement (and the other OM... objects) a better approach than deploying a POJO? This is a huge pain. Not to mention the deployment issues that I've already run into. Based on the documentation I feel as though Axis2 is a step forward architecturally, but extremely weak in user friendliness. For this reason I've been finding myself more interested in XFire. It has many features of Axis2, yet is extremely easy to create Web services with. Why would the Axis2 team go in this anti-productivity direction?