Hello Jay,

The XML Schema (XSD) is just a subset of a WSDL. The XSD only
describes the structure of the data.
Then you have to describe :
- the operations (name and parameters) of your service
(<wsdl:portType> and <wsdl:binding> elements of the WSDL)
- the URL on which your service is available (<wsdl:service> element
of the WSDL)

More over, it is a good practice to separate the data structure (ie
the XML Schema) from the WSDL importing an XSD into the WSDL.

Thanks to this, instead of the XSL you were talking about, you would
have a lightweight WSDL that would import a complex XSD.

Hope this helps,

Cyrille

--
Cyrille Le Clerc