Cant you use SOAP over JMS rather than SOAP over HTTP??
I think it provides async invocations using queues.

Rgds
Prashanth

SOA Work <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there,

almost every BPEL guide is talking about invoking services in a asynchronous way and reveiving the result via callback later. Now I was thinking about how such a service in axis or axis2 would look like.

I guess the service has to now the callback port and maybe the endpoint. At the end of the operation the service has to use the client side axis and callback the process.

Does somebody do any similar? Any examples? Is there a way how to determine from which sender the invocation was received?

Best regards
Dominik