Hello Martin.

As far as I know the AdminClient was used by Axis to deploy a service.
With Axis2 the deploying has slightly changed.

Please go through the User's Manual to see how to deploy a service.

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/userguide.html

You will see that you have some options:
1) create an aar-archive and put it in the WEB-INF/services directory of the axis2 webapp
2) create an aar-archive and upload it through the Administration UI
3) place the content of the aar-archive "unpacked" into the WEB-INF/services/${YOUR_SERVICE} directory

The third option is usefull if you have a lot jars placed in the lib-directory of you service because the Axis2 ClassLoader is very slow while loading jars inside aars ;-)

I hope I could help you,

Siamak Haschemi

Martin Wunderlich schrieb:
Dear all,

I have run into a very odd problem trying to deploy my web service
using AdminClient. I create my wsdl and wsdd files without any
problems. I also don't get any errors when I deploy the service using:

"java -cp %AXISCLASSPATH%
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -l http://localhost/<myURL>
deploy.wsdd"

However, the service then simply isn't there. It doesn't show up in
the list of services (only AdminService and Version do).
This is even
more awkward, since it was working fine this morning. I had the service
running, went for lunch, and it
somehow undeployed itself in the meantime. So, I tried to redeploy,
but without any success so far. Any idea what the problem might be?

Cheers,

Martin