I have a Apache Axis Web Service working on JBoss 3.2.3 on Unix.

The client app (running on Windows) makes a request to a WS and sends a Date, but the WS transforms this Date into a Date one day earlier.

Let me explain: The request SOAP sends "2006-06-05T00:00:00".

For testing purpose, the WS sends back the same Date it received as Date and String (using toString and also SimpleDateFormat).

As Date, the value comes DAY_OF_MONTH=5. As String it comes as "Sun Jun 04 21:00:00 BRT 2006" and "04/06/2006" (for dd/MM/yyyy).

What should I do to avoid such problem?

Looks like it is having problems with daylight configuration or timezones or local settings.

Thanks
Daniel