Hi
This is in contunuation of the prev mail. I changed my method signature to
take in String instead of byte[]
public String processData(String ifaceName, String extsysName, String
xmldata)

and the schema generated was as below

<xs:element name="processData">
            - <xs:complexType>
              - <xs:sequence>
                  <xs:element type="xs:string" name="ifaceName" />
                  <xs:element type="xs:string" name="extsysName" />
                  <xs:element type="xs:string" name="xmldata" />
              </xs:sequence>
            </xs:complexType>
          </xs:element>
        and the xml that I tried from client was

<m:processData xmlns:m="http://testws.iface.psdi/xsd";>
      <ifaceName>anna111</ifaceName>
      <extsysName>222222</extsysName>
      <xmldata><MXINVBALInterface>hello</MXINVBALInterface></xmldata>
</m:processData>

but when I printed in the service I got
anna111,222222,

But if I try with no xml tags - it works good
<m:processData xmlns:m="http://testws.iface.psdi/xsd";>
      <ifaceName>anna111</ifaceName>
      <extsysName>222222</extsysName>
      <xmldata>hello</xmldata>
</m:processData>

and the o/p is
anna111,222222,hello

Again is this a bug? or my bad?

thanks
Anamitra

             Anamitra.Bhattach
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             06/07/2006 04:39          <axis-user@ws.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [Axis2]wsdl schema type generation
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         bug with byte[]
                  he.org

Hi
I have a service with an operation whose signature reads like this

public String processData(String ifaceName, String extsysName, byte[]
xmldata)

when I deploy this service the wsdl generated will show the schema element
as below. The byte[] data type has been represented as
                xs:element minOccurs="0" type="xs:byte" name="xmldata"
                maxOccurs="unbounded"
                This is not how its supposed to represent this byte[] data
                type as per jax rpc its supposed to be xs:base64Binary.
Is this a bug - or I am missing something.

<xs:element name="processData">
            - <xs:complexType>
              - <xs:sequence>                  <xs:element type="xs:string"
name="ifaceName" />                  <xs:element type="xs:string"
name="extsysName" />                  <xs:element minOccurs="0"
type="xs:byte" name="xmldata"
                maxOccurs="unbounded" />