Thanks for you reply!

No, I'm lucky, this is not what I meant :)

> If you mean "selecting a subset among an already well-known set of
> available handlers", the answer is that it is easier :-)
>
> You will have to create a handler that could act as a
> "handler chain",
> and put into it the logic to take the decision about what handlers to
> actually call when invoked. Depending on what you need, this handler
> will have the information needed to find out the handlers to
> call (for
> example, by parsing a policy), or you may have to include the
> mechanisms
> to communicate with it from the service implementations or
> other points,
> and configure it at runtime.

OK, this sounds like my problem.

For an example, let's take the LogHandler packaged with axis. How can I
add this (simple, easy) Handler to Axis at runtime? (And remove it later
...).

I have found a way to access the HandlerRegistry
(Service.getHandlerRegistry()). But - without deeper knowledge of the
HandlerChains available - how do I add my Handler (or the LogHandler
mentioned above)?

> Just keep in mind that you need to respect the handlers
> interface, and
> call their methods in the appropriate order. That is, to
> initialise them
> before invoking them, and the like.

This is something I will concentrate on when I managed to add the
LogHandler provided by Axis :)

Ah, before I forget it again, our Axis version is 1.3 :)

Thanks in advance :)

CU
Werner