Looking at the email thread "Denis Schlesinger" is suggestiong the fix. BUT no
one has commited the fix yet..

Any final decision on this BUG?

-Venky

        Comment by Denis Schlesinger [13/Oct/05 10:03 AM]
        An object of the class "EntityListResultBean" is being returned by the
web service. The entries of the list     generated from the member array
"value" of type "EntityBean" have the same name as the list itself - "value".
It        should be "item" for each list entry. The same problem occures for
all other arrays of custom types.

        [ Permlink ] Comment by Denis Schlesinger [18/Oct/05 06:24 PM]
        I solved it to my own needs by adding an "else" branch at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializer, line 404:

        [...] else
              elementName = new QName(elementName.getNamespaceURI(), "item");
[...]

        Making the whole if-block:

        if (!maxOccursUsage) {
            serializeAttr = null; // since we are putting them here
            context.startElement(name, attributes);
            if (itemQName != null)
                elementName = itemQName;
            else if(componentQName != null)
                elementName = componentQName;
            else
             elementName = new QName(elementName.getNamespaceURI(), "item");
        }

        Anyway, this needs to be checked by some other people as well...

        [ Permlink ] Comment by Chad Wilson [20/Jan/06 05:02 AM]
        I believe this is a dupe of AXIS-2095, as it was resolved by Anil's fix
mentioned there, at least in the        Document/Wrapped encoding.

        [ Permlink ] Comment by René Zanner [31/May/06 05:47 PM]
        It seems this bug exists also in version 1.3, so please change the
"Affects version" field to "1.3"!

        We use Axis 1.3 with a hand written WSDD as well as a manually modified
WSDL. Our Axis client stubs are generated       using this manually modified
WSDL file. The stubs expect an "item" element inside the Array wrapper element
but         deserialize the wrong response without an error. How does that
work???

        So the Axis client stubs (using the ArrayDeserializer) ignore the wrong
response from the server and simply     deserialize despite the wrong xml
structure.

        Maybe that's the reason why nobody stumbled over it any more? Since we
have a .NET client at the other side, we         found this bug very quickly
and need a fix as soon as possible!

        Thanks a lot!