From: KALYAN [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:58 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Applets--Could not get it working

Its not a secure site. I had accepted the certificate that I created. But the applet works only if I modify the java.policy file.

Let me know if I should give more info.

Here is the error message I get.

Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient
    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:110)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:119)
    at unitconverter.webserviceclient.UnitConverterServiceClient.getCategoryList(UnitConverterServiceClient.java:32)
    at unitconverter.panels.UnitConvertorPanel$2.run(UnitConvertorPanel.java:164)
Exception in thread "Thread-8" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDKHooks.<clinit>(JDKHooks.java:75)
    at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:412)
    at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:378)
    at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:45)
    at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:41)
    at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:33)
    at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:43)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:110)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:119)
    at unitconverter.webserviceclient.UnitConverterServiceClient.getUnitList(UnitConverterServiceClient.java:52)
    at unitconverter.panels.UnitConvertorPanel.updateUnit1and2Lists(UnitConvertorPanel.java:211)
    at unitconverter.panels.UnitConvertorPanel$3.run(UnitConvertorPanel.java:166)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission createClassLoader)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkCreateClassLoader(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.PsuedoSystemClassLoader.<init>(PsuedoSystemClassLoader.java:73)
    at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.findSystemClassLoader(JDK12Hooks.java:215)
    at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.<clinit>(JDK12Hooks.java:73)
    ... 13 more

Kalyan

Larry Lemons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What error message are you getting?  Is the site at which the web service is hosted a secure site?  If the certificate for which the applet was signed is a trusted certificate or is allowed to run by the client, i.e. the client clicks on the run or allow, or OK button that would enable the applet to run, then it should run, unless there are other certificates involved in the process, i.e. one installed on the web services server.
Thank you,
Larry M. Lemons
(304) 726-4809 Ext. 4505