You need to set some attributes in the call object. Take a look at the
Axis "getting started"  documentation
(http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#BasicsGettingStarted).

At a minimum, you must set the target URL and the operation name, eg:

        call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(url) );
        call.setOperationName(new QName("qualifying-namespace",
"operationName"));

Do you have a WSDL for the service? That will tell you the appropriate
values to specify. If not, then do you have a sample message that
worked from the perl client? You can find the qualified name of the
operation from it -- it's the name of child element of the
<soap:Body>.

Anne