Can you post your WSDL?
I can have a look at it. Are you using wsdl 1.1 or 2.0

Matt
--- "C. Brian Cox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been working on a WSDL, and ran into a
> problem when trying to make
> use of simple types.  So I tried to generate from
> some of the sample wsdl's
> included in the standard source distribution,
> namely: actionTests.wsdl,
> bookQuote.wsdl, and bookQuote2.wsdl.  Each of these
> contain simple data
> types similar to my wsdl.  The thought here was to
> test a known good wsdl vs
> my new untested wsdl.  This resulted in similar
> exceptions.
>

> I believe I am using the code generation tools
> correctly.  For the
> bookQuote.wsdl I used the following command:
>

> C:\BookQuote> wsdl2java -uri BookQuote.wsdl -d
> xmlbeans -o client -p
> com.ems.client
>

> Using AXIS2_HOME:   "C:\axis2-1.1"
>
> Using JAVA_HOME:    "C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_06"
>

> This results in an exception similar to the ones I
> am experiencing with my
> own wsdl:
>

> Exception in thread "main"

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Element QName is null
> for InvalidIsbnFault!
>
>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerationEn
> gine.java:224)
>
>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)

>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)

> Caused by:

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Element QName is null
> for InvalidIsbnFault!
>
>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.e

mitStub(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:299)

>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerationEn
> gine.java:213)
>
>             ... 2 more
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Element QName
> is null for
> InvalidIsbnFault!
>
>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.g

etFaultParamElements(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1877)

>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.g

etFaultElement(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1808)

>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.g

enerateMethodElement(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1559)

>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.l

oadOperations(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1474)

>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.c

reateDOMDocumentForCallbackHandler(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java
> :692)
>
>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.w

riteCallBackHandlers(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:667)

>             at

org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.e

mitStub(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:274)