Deepal Jayasinghe has a paper mentioned that.
  http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-soa-axis2-1/
  "With service clients you can only access SOAP body or the pay load. Of
course you can add SOAP headers but you do not have a way to retrieve SOAP
header from service client. For that you will need to use an operation client."

  The problem is that the generated stub doesn't give a way to access the
operation client.
  So from the client stub, one seems cannot get access to the operation client,
messageContext or SOAPHeader. Anybody knows if there's a way to get such info
from client handler?

  Shaoguang

Jatinder Kaur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    I am also looking to do the same -- basically, the Stub is just returning
the SOAP Body. I would also like to retrieve SOAP Headers without having to
modify the stub (generated) code.

  Is there any way to do this?

  Thanks,
  Jatinder

  On 12/1/06, hoy hoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   I know how to add headers,
via:

stub._getServiceClient().addStringHeader(...)

however, after the call is made;

stub.MyMethodToInvoke(...)

I want to view the soap headers that are returned.  Using ethereal (network
sniffer) I can see the headers, but they are not exposed on the stub class.
There are no, stub.getHeader (...) methods that I can use, unless I need to do
something fancier?

How do I get the SOAPEnvelope from a Stub?  Eseentially, the stub is all I'm
working with or do I need to look elsewhere?

Thanks so much for your help Brennan!

Hoy

  On 11/30/06, Brennan Spies <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:         The
SOAPEnvelope (which you create on the client or receive from the service) has a
getHeader() method for getting the SOAPHeader axiom class that has the
appropriate methods. The ServiceClient (class member in the Stub) also has
helper methods for adding SOAP headers.