Hi,
Yes - right now the tools available in Axis2 does not let you directly
convert a schema into a web service so you will have to make a WSDL
document that uses that schema. However making a doc/lit WSDL using
your schema is quite simple and straight forward. I have included a
simple format you can follow

<definitions targetNamespace="xx' xmlns:tns="xx">
  <!-- don't forget the other namespaces in the parent !! -->
   <types>
     <schema>
        <!-- import your schema here -->
     </schema>
   </types>
  <!-- define two messages - one for input and one for output
        the names really does not matter since they are only used
        for reference -->
  <message name="input">
       <part element="yourInputMessageElement" name="part1"/>
   </message>
   <message name="output">
       <part element="yourInputMessageElement" name="part1"/>
   </message>

   <portType name="YourPorttypeName">
       <operation name="yourOperationName">
           <input message="tns:input" name="in"/>
           <output message="tns:output" name="out"/>
       </operation>
   </portType>

 <binding name="yourBinding"
       type="tns:YourPorttypeName">
       <soap:binding style="document"
       <operation name="yourOperationName">
           <soap:operation soapAction="http://soapinterop.org/";
style="document"/>
           <input name="in">
               <soap:body  use="literal"/>
           </input>
           <output name="out">
               <soap:body  use="literal"/>
           </output>
       </operation>
  </binding>

   <service name="yourServiceName">
       <port binding="tns:yourBinding"
           name="yourPort">
           <soap:address
               location="http://some-dummy-address"/>
       </port>
   </service>
</definitions>

Note that the names of the portTypes bindings etc can be anything but
the generated classes do reflect them. Say the generated java classs
will contain the methods with the operation names.

HTH
Ajith