I believe conversion between DOM Element and OMElement is quite general.
Could anyone suggest a good way to do the conversions correctly?

On 1/10/07, Xinjun Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to convert a DOM Element to OMElement using the following toOM
code in  org.apache.axis2.security.util.Axis2Util.

 public static OMElement toOM(Element element) throws Exception {
  try {
*   org.apache.xml.security.Init.init();
*   ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
   XMLUtils.outputDOM (element, os, true);

   ByteArrayInputStream is = new ByteArrayInputStream(os.toByteArray());
   XMLStreamReader reader = XMLInputFactory.newInstance
().createXMLStreamReader(is);

   StAXOMBuilder builder = new StAXOMBuilder(reader);
   builder.setCache(true);
   return builder.getDocumentElement();
  } catch (XMLStreamException e) {
   log.fatal(e.getMessage(), e);
   throw new Exception("Error when converting from DOM Element to OM.");
  }

There are two problems with the code:
1. I must add the bolded line in the toOM() method.
2. This method seems not deal with namespace correctly.

My original DOM Element is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><getHearingDetailsByCaseNoWSReturn*xmlns="
* *http://cis.com"*
><hearingDetailsVO><duration/><applicationNo>sAppNo0</applicationNo></hearingDetailsVO></getHearingDetailsByCaseNoWSReturn

But when I use the method to convert the DOM Element into OMElement, it
reads:
<getHearingDetailsByCaseNoWSReturn><hearingDetailsVO><duration
/><applicationNo>sAppNo0</applicationNo></hearingDetailsVO></getHearingDetailsByCaseNoWSReturn>

It seems that the namespace is ignored by the Axis2Util.toOM().

After I add the OMElement to a SOAPEnvelope using the following code,
every element is qualified with "" namespace which is unexpected.

SOAPFactory fac = OMAbstractFactory.getSOAP11Factory();
SOAPEnvelope envelope = fac.getDefaultEnvelope();
OMElement om = Axis2Util.toOM((Element)retNode);
envelope.getBody().addChild(om);

/*******************************
Result SOAPEnvelope
*******************************/
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope
 xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
 <soapenv:Header />
 <soapenv:Body>
  <getHearingDetailsByCaseNoWSReturn xmlns="">
   <hearingDetailsVO xmlns="">
    <duration xmlns="" />
    <applicationNo xmlns="">sAppNo0</applicationNo>
   </hearingDetailsVO>
  </getHearingDetailsByCaseNoWSReturn>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Could anyone tell me how can I solve the problems?

Regards,
Xinjun