I hate to say this but... :-)

I set up a virtual W2K box, installed jdk1.5 and Axis2 v1.1.1 and ran wsdl2java.bat against the web service site and it worked just fine, generating the skeleton client java files just as I hoped. Now I can copy the files over to the Ubuntu box and keep going.

I'll keep playing with the Linux config and see if I can't get it to work there. Still open to suggestions.

Thanx,
Garth

Garth Keesler wrote:
Started over. Built a clean Ubuntu Edgy box with jdk1.5.0_10 and Axis2 v1.1.1. Put env stuff in .profile. Same result. Installed j2sdk1.4.2_13, changed .profile, same result. Unrecognized option -uri.

I'm going to try it on XP and see what happens. If it works, I can always xfer the generated stuff back to Linux.

Garth Keesler wrote:
The examples below are straight from http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html#WSDL2JavaReference and neither obviously works (for me). I can't even get --help to work.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --help
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/wsdl/WSDL2Java

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --help http://appsrv:8080/axis2/services/wsVendor
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/wsdl/WSDL2Java

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java http://appsrv:8080/axis2/services/wsVendor?wsdl
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/wsdl/WSDL2Java

Here's a snippet from the web site instructions:

Usage: java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java [options] WSDL-URI

-h, --help
  print this message and exit

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx,