Hi,

Actually The web service works perfectly when I use browser to invoke
the web service from
http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/MySessionService/plusone. It returns
exactly 1,2,3, ..., n when I refresh n times.

The client Stub returns only 1,1,1... (should be 1,2,3...), even if I
call multiple times in the same stub. I used tcpip monitor to track the
raw traffic, the stub call doesn't contain JSESSIONID cookie at all.
That is also explained why browser invocation remembered session but
stub invocation didn't. Although I followed the step to enable session
in client stub

stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setManageSession(true);

somewhere in stub settings is not right because it doesn't return
JSESSIONID to server at all. The 1,1,1 returns are caused by server
treating each call as a new session.

You can download the source code from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12349699/Axis2+MySessio
nService.zip

Bug#
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2042

To: Sanjiva, I need SessionContext instead of ServiceContext,

        private SessionContext getSessionContext() {
                MessageContext messageContext = MessageContext
                                .getCurrentMessageContext();

                SessionContext sessionContext = null;
                if(messageContext != null) {
                        sessionContext =
messageContext.getSessionContext();
                }

                return sessionContext;
        }

To: Deepal, I've also enabled transportsession in service.xml

<service name="MySessionService"  scope="transportsession">

Sam.