I heartily concur with Dims. If you plan to use the same framework on
both client and server, then you will probably get by very well by
following the code-first approach. But if you will ever have the need
to interoperate with other frameworks, you'll do much better adopting
a Schema-first approach. Also keep in mind that the code-first
approach should be used only for application integration. It is not an
appropriate means to achieve SOA.

SOA is all about reuse. And it involve reuse not just of application
functionality, but also of data structures. The fundamental unit of
reuse is the XML types that your applications and services share.

If you use the code-first approach, then you will generate a different
set of XML types for every service. If you have two services that work
with customer data, you will generate two incompatible customer types.
That is absolutely what you don't want to do. Your organization should
define a set of common shared types that represent your core
information structures, and your service interfaces should share these
structures. You should not generate these structures from code.

Anne