Addendum to last post:
Neither the unwrapping nor backwards compatilbity options in the codegen
tool helped - which leads me to believe that something in the WSDL I
attached in the last message may be amiss. Our goal is to pack portions of
a SOAP header and SOAP body using the WSDL definitions - any help
appreciated.

\Sarwar

Sarwar Raza/US/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
02/06/2007 10:49 PM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Axis2: skeleton differences w/Axis 1.4

Hi Anne,
Thanks for the response.

Here is what we were able to get working with Axis 1.4, and have been
struggling with Axis 2...
Our input message contained TWO parts, one destined for the body, and the
other destined for the header (we set this up in the binding).
The header contains security info that gets used by WSSJ - pretty typical
usage best we can tell.

When we ran WSDL2Java using Axis 1.4, the resulting stubs resulted in a
method signature for each of the methods that looked something like:

message (header, body).

Using Axis2, the WSDL does get parsed correctly (even though we have
defined two parts for the input message), but the resulting method
signature in the skeleton code always turns out like:

message(header)

Note the body is absent, even though it was set up to be one of the two
parts for the message.

Other than the fact that we need to pack our security tokens into the
header, the WSDL is pretty basic. I can't rule out that transmogrifying
the WSDL to work with Axis 2 has led to some errors creeping in - at this
point, we've been staring at it for quite a while and can't see what we
may be doing wrong. I'm attaching the WSDL here - perhaps someone can
eyeball a problem we've missed. Note the header/body setup in the binding
- we construct the binding by hand - is there any way to annotate a
message part as being destined for the header so that we could use Eclipse
WTP to generate the binding automagically?

Thanks.
\Sarwar

"Anne Thomas Manes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/06/2007 03:08 PM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Axis2: skeleton differences w/Axis 1.4

"changing a few 'types' to 'elements'" tells me that the original WSDL
was defined as style="rpc", and my guess is that it used RPC/encoded.
Unfortunately, you have to do a little more than just tweak the
"types" to "elements". For one thing, when using document style, your
message may contain at monst one body element. That element must
reference an element definition in your types section that contains
all your input parameters. See my blog on wrapped document/literal for
some guidance:

http://atmanes.blogspot.com/2005/03/wrapped-documentliteral-convention.html

Anne