Hi,

I am trying to implement an ACL(access control list) based on the CN
extracted out
of the certificate that was used to sign a SOAP message. This will be executed
after the signature verfication is successful. An easy way is to use
HTTP authentication to implement this and use that identity in the
ACL. But my business logic resides in a separate app server where the
identity is not available.

Is there is some existing mechanism to extract the certificate from a
SOAP message? Or do I have to write a Axis module?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Aravind