I assume he's already loading spring via startUp() as the tutorial
suggests, does the idea you have add to that concept somehow ?

The issue is I was never able to get xml files via the classpath found
for hibernate inside the AAR - iBATIS and Hibernate both can be
configured via spring. So the issue is you can pass files to spring as
such:

<property name="mappingLocations">
                  <value>classpath*:**/MyEntity.hbm.xml</value>
</property>

Running in spring DEBUG mode with that config will show all the
classpath locations . The issue AFAICT is that I was never able to get
the lib dir inside the aar to be found by spring as a classpath
location.

Robert