nope. please log a jira bug with enough code for us to recreate the problem.

thanks,
dims

On 3/22/07, D <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Davanum,

That resolved the issue on the request side, but unfortunately what looks
(to me?!) like a similar error now occurs when the server is serializing its
response.

(This is the same client and server, generated successfully using
wsdl2java).

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: unknown
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:271)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute
(OutInAxisOperation.java:202)
        at
com.xyz.generated.wsmms.send.MmsSendServiceStub.SendMms(MmsSendServiceStub.java:184)
        at
com.xyz.wsmms.test.MMSSend.execute(MMSSend.java:161)
        at com.xyz.wsmms.test.MMSSend.main (MMSSend.java:283)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sw.BaseNsStreamWriter.doWriteDefaultNs(BaseNsStreamWriter.java:528)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sw.SimpleNsStreamWriter.writeDefaultNamespace
(SimpleNsStreamWriter.java:111)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sw.SimpleNsStreamWriter.writeNamespace(SimpleNsStreamWriter.java:119)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.MTOMXMLStreamWriter.writeNamespace(MTOMXMLStreamWriter.java
:146)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer.serializeElement(StreamingOMSerializer.java:243)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer.serializeNode(StreamingOMSerializer.java
:76)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer.serialize(StreamingOMSerializer.java:59)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.util.OMSerializerUtil.serializeByPullStream(OMSerializerUtil.java
:473)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerialize(OMElementImpl.java:823)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerializeAndConsume(OMElementImpl.java:848)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerialize(OMElementImpl.java:819)
        at
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.SOAPEnvelopeImpl.internalSerialize(SOAPEnvelopeImpl.java:180)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerializeAndConsume
(OMElementImpl.java:848)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMNodeImpl.serializeAndConsume(OMNodeImpl.java:429)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.sendUsingOutputStream(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java
:272)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:208)
        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:674)
        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.receive
(AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.java:48)
        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:497)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java
:328)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPWorker.service(HTTPWorker.java:230)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.DefaultHttpServiceProcessor.doService(DefaultHttpServiceProcessor.java:189)
         at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:123)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.DefaultHttpServiceProcessor.run(DefaultHttpServiceProcessor.java:261)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java
:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

        at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.<init>(AxisFault.java:159)
        ... 5 more

This happens if my implementation of the service skeleton interface sets ANY
of the fields in the abcType object (which is itself a member of the
abcElementDocument object returned by the service method).

Have you seen this before?

Many Thanks,
Darren

On 3/16/07, Davanum Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> Please don't use sun's stax parser, please use the one in axis2 dist
> which is the woodstox parser.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 3/16/07, D <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Please can you help....I have generated a webservice client from a wsdl
> > using wsdl2java.
> >
> > When the stub is used to invoke the webservice the following exception
> > occurs:
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at
> > com.sun.xml.stream.writers.UTF8OutputStreamWriter.write
(UTF8OutputStreamWriter.java:128)
> >         at

com.sun.xml.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.writeDefaultNamespace(XMLStreamWriterImpl.java:728)
> >         at

com.sun.xml.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.writeNamespace
(XMLStreamWriterImpl.java:914)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.MTOMXMLStreamWriter.writeNamespace(MTOMXMLStreamWriter.java:146)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer.serializeElement
> > (StreamingOMSerializer.java:243)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer.serializeNode(StreamingOMSerializer.java:76)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer.serialize
> > (StreamingOMSerializer.java:59)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.util.OMSerializerUtil.serializeByPullStream(OMSerializerUtil.java:473)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerialize
(OMElementImpl.java
> > :823)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerializeAndConsume(OMElementImpl.java:848)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerialize
(OMElementImpl.java:819)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.SOAPEnvelopeImpl.internalSerialize(SOAPEnvelopeImpl.java:180)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerializeAndConsume
(OMElementImpl.java:848)
> >         at

org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMNodeImpl.serializeAndConsume
> > (OMNodeImpl.java:419)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SOAPOverHTTPSender$AxisSOAPRequestEntity.handleOMOutput
(SOAPOverHTTPSender.java:190)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SOAPOverHTTPSender$AxisSOAPRequestEntity.writeRequest
> > (SOAPOverHTTPSender.java:232)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody
(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:495)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest
> > (HttpMethodBase.java:1973)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute
(HttpMethodBase.java:993)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java
> > :397)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod
(HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:396)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod
> > ( HttpClient.java:346)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.executeMethod(AbstractHTTPSender.java:541)
> >         at
> > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SOAPOverHTTPSender.send
(SOAPOverHTTPSender.java
> > :119)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:335)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke
(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java
> > :204)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:674)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(
OutInAxisOperation.java:237)
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute
> > (OutInAxisOperation.java:202)
> >         at

com.madeupnamexyz.appproviders.generated.wssms.send.SmsSendServiceStub.SendSms
(SmsSendServiceStub.java:171)

> > However, if I modify the stub by adding....
> >
> >         System.out.println ("ENVELOPESTARTS:");
> >         try
> >         {
> >             env.serialize(System.out);
> >         }
> >         catch(javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException ex)
> >         {
> >             System.out.println(ex.toString ());
> >         }
> >
> >         System.out.println(":ENVELOPEENDS:");
> >
> > ....(i.e. I serialize the envelope to stdout) before the OperationClient
> > execute method is called by the stub, the operation completes
successfully.

> > The WSDL and associated XSDs validate and wsdl2java gives no errors, so
it
> > looks like env.serialize() is fixing something in the envelope!
> >
> > The code using the client stub does not set anything to null and the
output
> > from env.serialize() shows a valid soap envelope with all the expected
> > fields populated with valid values.
> >

> > Has anyone else experienced this?
> >
> > Is this a known issue?
> >

> > Many Thanks,