How are you building the new Axis2 service?
You should be able to generate it from the WSDL and use the original WSDL.

Anne

On 4/2/07, Shaoguang Cong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ideally we don't need to modify the WSDL or the client while migrating to
AXIS 2.  But I found that seems inevitable.  Hope someone can verify this is
indeed true.  And I have to tell my .NET client for the change.

In server-config.wsdd of Axis 1.3, the <service> tag has a name attribute
that is using the WSDL port name ("MyServicePort" as in <wsdl:port
name="MyServicePort">).

In services.xml of AXIS 2,  the <service> tag has a name attribute that is
using the WSDL service name ("MyService" as in <wsdl:service
name="MyService">).

So an Axis 1.3 client will have the endpoint address specified with the port
name ("MyServicePort").  This won't work for invoking the same service (same
WSDL)  implemented with an AXIS 2.

Is this imcompatible feature just a little negligence or an improvement over
1.3?  I do like the AXIS 2 approach (using WSDL:service name), though it's a
bit headache for the migration effort.

Thanks.
Shaoguang